What is Dementia?
Dementia is the gradual deterioration or loss of cognitive functioning (thinking, remembering, and reasoning) to the extent that it can significantly affect a person’s ability to perform daily tasks. Dementia has different severity stages and primarily affects older people over sixty years. However, it is not a part of normal ageing. One of the most common types of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease.
There are several symptoms of dementia. Some of them include:
- Loss of short-term memory
- Difficulty in decision making and judgements
- Inability to perform or complete basic and familiar tasks
- Mood and personality shifts
- Difficulty in having a hold over one’s emotions
- Losing balance and having problems with movement
- Repetition of questions and incidents
- Struggle to find words to express oneself
Support by Community Nurses
1. Encouraging socialisation
2. Assistance with daily activities and establishing a routine
3. Encouraging exercises to improve physical health
4. Improving and maintaining participants’ mental health
5. Encouraging participants to live an independent life
The absence of engagement can directly impact the person’s quality of life by diminishing their sense of personhood. Hence, the purpose behind community nursing in Beenleigh is not to make participants dependent on assistance but to teach them how to overcome barriers or obstacles they face in their lives by themselves.
6. Health Promotion
7. Providing support for family and carers
Looking for help with community nursing in Beenleigh?
Complete Connect, one of the most trusted and leading home care providers, offers community nursing in Beenleigh with the primary objective of relief. Whether you are discharged from the hospital, need in-home assistance, or have had a change in your treatment plan, our team can significantly improve your health conditions.
Our community nurses offer several services, including but not limited to:
- Case management
- Setting up medication
- Developing treatment plans
- Monitoring of vitals
- Overnight nursing care
- In-home assessments
If you wish to avail of these services for your loved ones, please feel free to contact us. Our skilled and knowledgeable team will cater to all your needs.